compiled by Dave Harris
Several of our members in Southern California were infected with the COVID-19 virus. Hardest hit were Johanna and Norbert Link, but thankfully, all are on the mend. This, of course, affected the work of the Church, and several wrote expressing their concern—here are some comments we received:
- We are praying for you and your wife that you both may have a strong recovery. It was wonderful and uplifting for us here in Milwaukee to have received your reply and see you once again on YouTube. We will continue to pray for you and your wife and not only for you both but for the entire body of GOD’s church. Thank you so much for all that you and the others are doing in the work of our true GOD.
- Thank you for your informative programs. I have noted that there are no new programs. I know that we are in very turbulent times ,but there are many viewers in my community who I have made aware of your programs, and we are all waiting . Can you inform your viewers what is the matter Sir. When can we expect new episodes of STANDINGWATCH?
We received this follow-up:
… In my social circle we were members of the parent organization the Worldwide Church of GOD. I was so alarmed to hear that you had contacted the virus, but as I saw and heard you through the link that you provided to me I see that you are a soldier for the Eternal Great God.
- I’m hoping you are well. I was wondering if there will be anymore Standing watch programs? I’ve missed your informed biblical based news.
- I was very glad to see you on Sabbath. I was concerned and am praying for your full recovery very soon.
- Thank you for taking the time to go over the updates today even though you were still sick…That was appreciated! Praying some get called by God this week cause I have a feeling things are going to be bad…
Will President Biden Unify the Country?” is the title of a new StandingWatch program, presented by Evangelist Norbert Link. Here is a summary:
The USA is divided as never before. President Biden, in his inauguration speech, emphasized the need for unity. But shortly thereafter, he signed 17 sweeping executive orders, undoing much of Trump’s policies. This will do little to create any form of unity with the over 74 million Trump voters. The war of the mass media, being in cahoots with Big Tech and many Democrats, against Trump and his supporters continues.
Both the Republican Party and the Democratic seem to be deeply divided. There will not be any meaningful substantial cooperation between them.
What will 2021 bring, and what can we expect from the Biden Presidency? One thing is certain: Biden will NOT unify the country.
“Weiss Satan um seine Zukunft?” is the title of this Sabbath’s new German sermon, presented by Norbert Link. Title in English: “Does Satan Know About His Future?”
“Was ist Wahrheit?” is the title of last Sabbath’s German sermonette, presented by Tahir Coban. Title in English: “What is Truth?”
“Freedom of Speech under Attack, Comments on News and Prophecy, January 16, 2021,” is the title of last Sabbath’s sermonette, presented by Norbert Link. Here is a summary:
Banning President Trump and others from certain platforms seems to be just the beginning to control unpopular viewpoints. Even European politicians express disapproval, stating that we “cannot leave it to the American Big Tech to decide how we can and cannot discuss online,” and others warn of the close connection between “private companies becoming the state’s best friends.” In the final analysis, what we are experiencing right now is a threat to true Christianity when Big Tech and others can determine what beliefs are acceptable, and which ones have to be banned. God’s true Church must be aware of this and speak up powerfully for God’s Truth.
“Ready For What’s Coming?” is the title of a split-sermon presented last Sabbath by Kalon Mitchell. Here is a summary:
The Bible predicts what’s coming in our near future. It has predicted with great accuracy events in the past! With this in mind, how ready is each of us? Mentally – Spiritually? We have a little time left. NOW is the time to prepare. Now is the time to do the little daily things to make sure we are ready for the times ahead of Christ’s return.
“Suffer for Salvation,” is the title of a split-sermon presented last Sabbath by Michael Link. Here is a summary:
It is expected that we all go through trials which may also include sicknesses in various forms. What is the purpose of these sufferings and what can we learn from the examples of individuals who went through sicknesses?